Did you know that much of the construction industry is siloed? To help with this, the Global BIM Network aims to connect stakeholders such as public sector representatives, multilateral organizations, and infrastructure funders on a global scale. The goal is to advance the digitalization of the built environment by utilizing Building Information Management (BIM). This approach seeks to tackle infrastructure challenges and generate socio-economic benefits. Through the adoption of standardized processes and information structures, the industry can encourage collaboration, knowledge sharing, and the development of a digital built environment that extends beyond construction. This includes the incorporation of digital twins and smarter cities into operations, maintenance, and overall management. In the United States, a similar initiative called the National BIM Program has been launched to foster collaboration and innovation within the building industry. The objective is to streamline processes, enhance project outcomes, and drive overall efficiency.
Search The Build Blog
- DYK – How can a large manufacturing facility or a large building organization impact local economies?
- Economic Impact of Historic Preservation
- DYK – What impact does building have on the macro-economy?
- DYK – What impact does building have on the local economy?
- DYK – When a new building is built in a community, what impact does it have on the surrounding community?